The Benefits of Dental Veneers
Dental veneers are a popular cosmetic dentistry option to help enhance your smile! Using a thin shell that covers the front of teeth, dental veneers can help cover cosmetic flaws in teeth such as chips or yellowing. Many people opt for this type of cosmetic fix to help boost their confidence in their smiles.
If you’re thinking of getting dental veneers, you may not have considered all their benefits. Below, we’ll highlight the many reasons to get dental veneers.
What are Dental Veneers?
Dental veneers are made of either porcelain or resin, which is colored to match natural teeth. They can be done in various shapes, helping to match your ideal tooth shape. To place veneers, a cosmetic dentist needs to shave a thin layer of the enamel of your natural teeth. This is necessary to help prepare the tooth surface for bonding.
Benefits of Dental Veneers
There are many advantages to consider when considering dental veneers. Below are the top seven reasons you’ll love having dental veneers:
- Immediate New Smile: Unlike other tooth correction and cosmetic dentistry options, dental veneers provide an instantly new smile. You won’t have to wait months or years, such as the time it takes for braces to straighten teeth. The process of getting veneers is done in either one or two visits, depending on your specific needs.
If you don’t want to wait a long time for your perfect smile, dental veneers are an excellent option. Plus, the process of getting dental veneers is simple and not painful. Unlike some other procedures, the risks associated with a dental veneer placement procedure are quite low.
- Whitening: Do you have staining on your teeth? Instead of whitening treatments which are not effective for everyone, dental veneers instantly brighten your smile. Dental veneers are designed to look natural, while also staying very white. You’ll love smiling with your teeth in photos!
- Customizable: Your dentist can make dental veneers in any shape you’d like. This benefit of veneers allows you to get the tooth shape you want. Some individuals may prefer rounded-off teeth, while others prefer straight, square teeth. No matter what your dream smile looks like, dental veneers can make it happen.
Not only can you make your smile look exactly like you want it, but you’ll also have a long-lasting smile. Most veneers last at least ten to fifteen years, or longer, with proper care. That makes dental veneers an excellent investment!
- Cosmetic Improvements: One primary reason people choose to get veneers is that they are unhappy with their natural smiles. This may be because of staining or discoloration. Or this may be because of chips or cracks they have in the teeth. Dental veneers can instantly improve self-confidence. Veneers can immediately conceal your most bothersome cosmetic flaws.
- Resistant to Stain: While natural teeth can quickly become stained, dental veneers are made to be stain resistant. This means you can safely eat or drink your favorite foods and drinks, such as coffee, without worrying about ruining your white smile. The naturally stain-resistant materials used to make dental veneers will stay nice and white!
- Improved Confidence: Feeling embarrassed or insecure about your smile can impair one’s self-confidence. Dental veneers are affordable cosmetic dentistry options that can help improve your self-esteem. In turn, you’ll enjoy smiling and have a higher quality of life.
- Add Strength to Teeth: Veneers can be used to reinforce the natural tooth’s durability. If your teeth have eroded or weak components, dental veneers can help. Your dentist may encourage veneers if you have serious signs of weakening teeth.
Ask About Dental Veneers Today
Not sure if dental veneers are for you? Talk to your dentist to learn more about dental veneers and receive a consult. Based on your individual goals and requirements, your dentist can help advise you on the best ideas for dental veneers. If you’re not happy with your smile, dental veneers can be a game-changer to make you feel confident!